- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering from Stanford University.
- M.S. Materials Science and Engineering from Stanford University.
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering from U.C. Berkeley.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering from U.C. Berkeley.
He holds a doctorate in Materials Science and Engineering. He researched plasma chemical vapor deposition (CVD) of diamond-like carbon (DLC), fluorinated DLC, and low k dielectrics. He has extensive experience in thin-film processing, equipment, and nano-scale characterization. His background in mechanical engineering makes him equally comfortable in mechanical and thermal properties of materials as with electrical, optical, and magnetic properties. He works with many high tech industries, such as semiconductor, solar, and flat panel display, as well as general industry.
Dr. Glew is a licensed professional engineer (P.E.) in California, in the mechanical engineer branch. He practices both mechanical engineering and materials science engineering, largely focusing on high technology concerns. He also performs finite element analysis (FEA), computation fluid dynamics (CFD), and 3D CAD modeling.
He is an inventor on 6 patents:
- 6,204,174 Mar. 20, 2001, Method and Apparatus Rate Deposition of Tungsten.
- 7,118,090 Jan 20, 2007, Control Valves
- 6,679,476 Jan. 20, 2004, Control Valves
- 9,224,626 Dec. 29, 2015, Composite Substrate for Layered Heaters
- 10,395,593 Aug. 27, 2019, Composite Substrate for Layered Heaters
- 10,658,206 May 19, 2020, Method of forming a composite substrate for layered heaters
President & CEO of Glew Engineering Consulting Inc.
Dr. Alexander Glew has practiced engineering in the Silicon Valley for 30 years. He founded Glew Engineering Consulting 20 years ago after a decade at Applied Materials. His practice at Glew Engineering Consulting includes product design, 3D CAD, semiconductor device analysis, semiconductor equipment design and analysis, laboratory analysis, integrated circuit tear downs, project turn-around, and market studies, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics. (CFD). His clients include Fortune 20 companies, startups, as well as midsize companies. http://www.glewengineering.com
Dr. Glew is also experienced in providing IP litigation support, including patents, trade secrets, and economic espionage. He provides expert opinions in large-scale industrial accidents, technology contracts, and arbitration. He has testified a number of times before the Federal District Court, Tokyo High Court, International Trade Commission, and International Arbitration. His testimony has contributed to findings of patent infringement, patent invalidity, inequitable conduct, permanent injunctions, and significantly large monetary damages. This year the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals cited to his testimony in preserving the validity of a number of patents owned by a single inventor against three of the largest global corporations in the semiconductor industry. He has also served as an expert for the anti-Trust Division of the US Department of Justice. He takes on tough fights and perseveres.
Alex Glew was born in S.F. CA and raised in Pacifica, CA, located in Northern San Mateo County, part of Senate District 13. After graduating from U.C. Berkeley he moved to Silicon Valley and has lived there since. Currently, he lives in Los Altos, CA. He has been married for 23 years to his lovely wife Martha.
Community Service and Activities (Current)
1. Design Review Commissioner, past Chairman, Los Altos, 4+ Year Term Completed in 2020
2. Los Altos Rotary Club member, Veterans Committee, past Director in charge of operations
3. South Peninsula Area Republican Coalition, Director and Secretary
4. California Republican Party Delegate, Platform Committee, Platform Authoring Committee
5. Santa Clara County Republican Party Committee member, Ex Officio
6. San Mateo County Republican Party Committee member, Ex Officio
7. NorCal Golden Retriever Club
Donate now to help me re-engineer CA.